Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall is settling in..

This morning on my way to taking Hanna to school as we are crossing the lake, she looks out the window and sees fog resting above the lake.  I hear her say "oh..... what is that?"  I look over and tell her what it is. Then I take a longer look, because it's so pretty.. it's fall..  At the light before we get to the high school, there is a car next to us with frost all over it.  Hanna asks if it's snow. :)  I smile and her and tell her that it is frost on the car.  Sometimes life gets so busy and we forget to look outside and see all the beauty.  I really like the fall.  The leaves are my favorite.  Hanna and I went to the park the other day with the dogs, it was a nice walk and I got some great pictures of the leaves.  On my way home I was thinking about a couple things.. first off ... coffee!

Hanna came to live with us 2 months ago.  She is from Brazil, as an exchange student.  We are enjoying being "parents" to a teen.  There are so many things that we want to show here, and do with her while she is here.  Hanna leaves the end of January.  She has never seen snow.. so I can't wait for that.  We want to take her to Vashon Island where Matt's family is, Levenworth to see how they decorate for the holidays, and hoping for Portland, Idaho, and then LA where she will meet her family before they go back to Brazil.  Being a married couple with out kids, and then having a teen here, has been fun for Matt and I.  I am going to miss her so when she goes home.  Her stay with us is only 6 months.  All of her friends are staying for a year, but her parents said only 6 months.  I don't blame them, if it were me, I would say that 6 months is long enough also.  It's been an adjustment going from a married couple with no kids, to having one.  I am so glad that we decided to do it.

The last thing that I was thinking about this morning is how many baby showers I have been invited to this month.  How many people and friends that I know that are pregnant or that have just had babies.  It's a tough thing at times for me still..  I am not good at baby showers.  I get really anxious and feel really uncomfortable.  I try not to.. and I know that most of my friends know why, I just wish that it wasn't like that for me.  Maybe it always will be something I am not good at.  I was invited to two this past week.  I planned on going, and knew that I had other things to do as well, thought I could fit it in, that I wanted to fit it in, but in all reality.. I just couldn't go.

heath

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Heather. I know that you will always think about this I just hope you find some peace.

    ReplyDelete