Thursday, November 10, 2011

a friends a friend forever....

This is one of my favorite songs... for those of you that don't know it, you should look it up!  Michael W Smith is the singer... Every time I hear this song, I see so many of my friends.  Now I am not talking about the imaginary ones..  I am talking about all my friends.  I see us in elementary school making new best friends.  I see us joining middle school together with combining 3 different elementary schools, falling into friendships.  And I see us excited for high school, trying to fit in as freshmen even with small cat fights at the lockers.  There are so many memories I have from school, and have made so many friends that I am still close with.  I also as an adult have great memories of places that I have worked, and the friendships that I have made.  I believe that I am a little shy at first meet.  I know that some of you would disagree but that is because you know ME now.  As I have gotten older I feel like it's harder to make friends...

I consider many of my friends best.  Some you have know forever, and even if you haven't seen them in a long time, you catch up like it was yesterday.  Some you haven't known forever but there is a connection there and you can't wait to get to know them better.  I have so many great memories with my friends, new and old, I can't wait to make more.

Michelle: we have known each other for 20 + years.. ( I almost chocked on my coffee with the number)  I can't remember the exact way that we met, but I do know that we were in Mrs. Westergreen's class.  Ah the singing... I will always remember her for that.  I know that she introduced me to Stephanie Chiappuzzo, and the 3 of us had so much fun hanging out and so many laughs! Cruising around in Shell's Chevy Sprint on St. Street in the Ville, and working at Mc Donalds together because "Heath, you have to work with me"!

Hope:  well meeting her in 5th grade was a blessing.  We had moved that summer and I didn't know any one.  The teacher made her show me around, and I followed her to a seat, and a nother, and finally she started talking to me when all the kids were coming in, telling me each of their names and a bit about them.  We were fast friends.  Of course I love her like a sister and we have had our tiff's too.  I once threw rocks at her.. she forgave me after we met in the bathroom and cried.  Our junior year we had a couple great double dates, and even though we don't see each other often enough as we have gotten older, when ever we do.. she's like coming home, and I love her.

HeatherB:  We met 6th grade, and sang together.  Since we were both Heather's I think that Mrs. Westergreen figured we were met to be together and sat us by each other.  Hanging out with her at her dad's, bubble bath and Salt N Pepper... ah the good ol days.  We both got married young, and didn't stay in close contact, but we have found our way back to each other and I feel like she is as close to me as ever.. we talk at least once a week via text and emails.. I look forward to her messages!

The Eliason ladies Keri and Katie:  Meeting these girls in 6th grade at a birthday party and then becoming friends in middle school.. oh the memories of the van, mall trips their dad would take us too, spinach picking and then a summer of strawberry.  Staying the night was always so much fun, and Kathy was great to all their friends.  Keri and I went trick-or-treating junior yr in masks so we could get candy and no one would know us in Marysville.. Katie and I cleaned her room after they sold their house to move to the lake, and found a couple hundred dollars in an old purse.. so nice for her to give me some as a finder fee!  Throwing snow on Kent when he didn't believe that it had snowed and we didn't have school for the day.. I am proud of these ladies and that we have grown up, but never grown apart.

ChristineM:  Ah the friendship that grew from a client.  I will forever be great full for all her help in the planning and orgionaizeing of my wedding.  She was a true blessing.  We have had many laughs in the salon late at night, fun dinners and glasses of wine after her nail appointments.  Flip flop races back from dinner to her house, Vegas pool time, shopping trips, and lazy evening Real Housewives marathons.. she is a true friend of mine and I am so glad that she walked in to the salon to get her jacked up nails fixed ( even if she was scared of me at first)

I could go on and on about my friends and stories, but I am sure like me, you have other things to do today!

I think that in life, as we get older, it is harder to make friends.  Not that you can't, but that life is busier than in school.  Marriage, family's, and  distance can all get in the way of life.  But friendships are a blessing and I am so happy to have all my friends.  New and old.  I have made some amazing friends from GJ that I will cherish for ever, and when I go in and see them, or meet up outside of the salon, or even travel to Vegas... it's like yesterday that we worked together.  I hope that the friendships  I have made in ML turn into some amazing life long friends...

in my mind... a friends a friend forever....
Heath

1 comment:

  1. Thanks my love! You're one of my dearest friends, but you transcend into that sister relationship so easily :) You are one of a kind and so special to me!

    ReplyDelete